INNOVATIVE MODELS OF CLIMATE FINANCE WOULD HELP INDIAN INDUSTRY TO BRING DOWN EMISSION INTENSITY.
- Host: Technology Information, Forecasting and Assessment Council (TIFAC)
- Technology in Climate Change
- This session was designed particularly to showcase international community about India’s technology preparedness in achieving NDC target and also initiatives in implementation of different adaptation projects.
- Speakers gave an overview of renewable scenario in India and also mentioned about the domestic manufacturing scenario of solar cells and Lithium ion battery systems. Technology needs with respect to NDC commitment both from supply side and demand side was also highlighted. Strenghtening domestic manufacturing capability in many sectors particularly in renewable sector was emphasized.
- The technology preparedness for the Steel Industry in terms of meeting the needs of NDC was briefed by domain experts. The possible alternative route for low carbon regime of steel industry and also the need for use of renewable energy in steel industry was mentioned.
- Use of advanced technology for adaptation and resilience was shared. A case study on Real time flood forecasting model in Mahanadi Basin, Odhisa showcasing model and data collection and GIS for developing the flood forecasting map was discussed.